Saturday, June 12, 2010

New Discoveries that tickle my world...

Qingdao: A little slice of Europe on the coast of China. So, so, so pretty. Delicious seafood, pretty cobbled streets and ocean views littered by coconut stalls. Bikerode through the town and enjoyed some TSINGTAO (Pronounced the same as Qingdao) local beer by the sea. Even met some fellow nu – zelandas.

GALA DARLING: So very positive her pages make you feel like conquering the world. Think “manifesting magic”, and “love letter’s and feather headdresses”. Sparkly!

My new Canon G11!! I have been waiting 5 months for this bad boy. Taking photo’s is such a good way of connecting with where I am right now, since I’m a foreigner living in China the curiosity of my environment is a little above average! Finally got to snap the curious gentleman cobbler who works from a cart outside my apartment. I exchange smiles with him daily. He fascinates me, even though we’ve never communicated in actual words! This is him.




The fact there is a “dragon boat” holiday next week (whole week off, yippee!) How cool is that! Let’s find a dragon boat to ride. So awesome I can’t express my delight at such a holiday name.

Drawing. I love drawing. I only really REALISED I could do it when I came to China, and living alone here my drawing pad has been like my comrade/bestie.








The movie AKIRA. Rocks my socks. MANGA is art and it’s damn cool!

China has delicious icecream…peanut flavour today mmm yummm. Also the best flavour yogurts- think coconut and red bean. Weird> Yes! Very tasty though.

Illustrator and photographer Kelly Thompson. NZer. Such pretty drawings!

Stereomood.com: If you spend a bit of time at the healm of computer…this is such an awesome mood lifter soother amplifier!

Little booties. Baby accessories are hands down, some of the cutest things in existence. In Qingdao I found some super cute ones for friend Joe’s upcoming arrival of be-be.

In Spanish, “Guay del Paraguay” means as cool as Paraguay, which roughly means as cool as a cucumber! These weird sayings get overlooked in your own language but it’s funny to learn them in other languages, makes you realise how unique and strange these parts of our language are.

Today in China I am…

Getting bangs. And today I hang out with my student Selina. I like hanging out with Selina, she is very sweet and clever. She gave me a pretty pink headband last time she visited me. Bless. This is Selina.



Then I will lurke at the park and people watch/ try sneakily steal some snaps of random Chinese happenings. Did I mention I’m having a cupcake party next week? Can’t fricken wait (CFW). It’s gonna be a blast (IGBAB).

Pre bangs.



This is during bangs.



Post bangs.




It’s in celebration for my 27th bday, yes holy toledo’s I’m nearly 27. Ouch.

No comments:

Post a Comment